Aberdeen Newbie

whitetiger

Hello civic people! I have been very interested in getting an FD2 for a few months but was holding off for the winter to get past.I also work offshore so i spend most my time drewling over pictures of FD2's n have not had time to do anything serious about it. I am wanting to go down the litchfield route as it seems the easiest way to get my hands on one rather than importing myself! so if there is any advice you guys could give would be appreciated!

Questions:

1 is the AST Suspension upgrade really needed or is the ride not that bad?
2 whats the the average fuel consumption with these civics? (just out of interest)
3 does any one know anywhere that sells colour coded vented bonnets?

:clap: loving the forum guys it really has helped push me over the edge to going through with my FD2 project

Welcome to the forum, I can only answer your first question... For me, it was a must do mod, the standard rebound and damping is just not suited to UK roads, even worse now they all have holes in them. :evil:

I also found the standard set-up down right dangerous as I was often bumped out of my seat. The AST's are still firm but the bounce has all but disapeared... Thank god...

hi thanks for the reply. i am wanting the civic lux package im guessing the AST package is about a grand ontop of that?

Welcome dude, Zero has answered your question about AST's & although I haven't got any upgrade on mine it seems to be the way to go.

Other than litchfields you could look privately-autotrader/pistonheads

:mrgreen:

i can take you for a spin in my one sometime if you want,i stay in fraserburgh not too far away.

hi markie, i think you work at my dads work at the same place as you (wood group peterhead) he is in the broch as well i really apprieciate your offer and would love a spin sometime but im away offshore t egypt tomorrow for a month :( :doh:

thanks for the advice about the AST guys ill have to put more £££ into the civic trust fund!!

...or you could save yourself a lot of money by using a tyre with a softer sidewall. Yes, the FD2 is bouncy but in a good, communicative way that you can actually grow to enjoy. Depends on what you’re used to of course, but I’ve quite happily carried newborn and toddler in mine and they’re away with the fairies in no time.

I normally get 280 miles out of a tank (300 empty) so pretty good on the whole I'd say. Bear in mind you'll always be running high octane though.

Give Iain a call, he's a good bloke and happy to talk through any concerns you have - the ride was certainly one of mine.

Welcome btw :hello:

markie his name is wilson whyte i think he works in a different department to you he was trying to get a hold of you to ask some questions for me! but it looks like i got a hold of you first! i've seen your FD2 a couple o times and just makes me jealous everytime i see it! :crybaby:

im used to a hard sided tyre on 18" anyways but suspension is softer but i was just wanting opinions t figure out weather it would be worth getting AST fitted from the start rather than having to :censored: about having to find a garage (and trust them) near Aberdeen who would fit them etc. litchfields obviously has a good experience with fitting them?

Hi there, as i see most of your questions have been answered. As you say it's better getting Litchfields to fit the AST, since they offered this option from the beginning, so they have quite some experience in the set up. I don't have the AST but to tell the truth I am used to the OEM. However other drivers on the road might laugh with me when they see my effort to avoid all the potholes that appear like mushrooms.

I agree with the "~280miles to a tank" figure with a mixed driving (i.e. not being to the vtec zone all the time).

Finally for the bonnet maybe you can try Vtecdirect, Tougedistribution, Nengun.... to name but a few.

cheers mate yeah im used to avoiding potholes also like swine flu but i must admit there is always one i miss!! :doh: if anyone has any experiance with importing on their own other than litchfields i'd also love to hear your stories / meathod of getting FD2 into UK and ready for the road.

i shall try that sites for the bonnet cheers mate!

aye your dad works up in the stores, if your through to your dads next time your hame just give me a shout and i will take you both for a blast.

i kinda have my heart set on a white one although blue would be my next choice. why are ru wanting to sell?

i have had the car for 14 months and only covered 10000mls with it, i have my reno clio 1.5 dci which i use for running back and forth from work and also in the bad weather and just feel that i am not getting the good of it.i am thinking about selling the clio and the fd2, got my eye on something else.

whats wrong with them in the winter? where did you get your FD2 from? cupra's are nice i fancied one of them myself it's a very tidy car. i bet the FD2 is popular in the broch!

There is nothing wrong with them in the winter, just as every performance car it has its limits. It's just the salt on roads i suppose that deter people from using them.

i bought it from dicksons of perth, the reason i dont use it in the winter is because i drive to work early in the morning and the broch to peterhead road is very bad for black ice,its not worth taking the risk when you have a second car that your not worried about.the fd2 is popular wherever you go its quite funny when you are driving and you see peoples heads about off there shoulders looking and wondering what it is :?
whitetiger":1b0c83tg said:
whats wrong with them in the winter? where did you get your FD2 from? cupra's are nice i fancied one of them myself it's a very tidy car. i bet the FD2 is popular in the broch!

Back