New ownership & forum changes

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

For anyone that cares (since this forum is sadly dead), I have taken over the forum from Arch. The site will be migrated to the same server that hosts Type R Owners (TRO) from its current home with Lockwood at some point in the next few weeks.

For those who don't know me, I originally created (TRO) back in 2005 prior to handing it over to Loxy. I have recently bought an FD2 and intend to keep it for a few years.

A few things I have completed so far:

- upgraded to the latest forum software (phpBB 3.2.1)
- installed and configured the Tapatalk plugin
- changed registration settings which will hopefully stop spam registrations
- turned off new user post approval
- cleaned out things at the server end as there were multiple old installs lurking
- deleted about 500+ spam accounts (I kid you not)
- restored a load (100+) of users who were genuine and had been deleted some time ago. This is why you may see users with loads of posts but a join date of today (05 Sep 17)

Some things I am working on in slow time:

- removing dead announcements
- removing old for sale threads
- clearing out the admin/mod groups of users who are inactive

Things I am thinking of doing:

- making the forum index much smaller. I feel for the traffic we have, it doesn't need to be as large as it is
- you'll notice it's a very vanilla style, so I'm hopefully going to add some Honda/FD2 things over time.

Bear in mind I am a site admin, I can do admin things, but visual stuff I am not good at. So if someone could help out then let me know.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers Chris for coming along and offering to take over. :-D Great start to modernising the place too. :cool: I did try and make a new logo a few years back, i'll see if i can find it.

No worries at all, I'd rather see the information on here kept rather than get lost in time.

Site logo would be great if you could find it.

Back