rear light cluster fog light - change to regular light

Well thanks for the info so far guys, I'll let you know what I come up with. Electrics are one thing I haven't had too much experience with.

changed my inner rear lights from fog back to normal driving lights today and heres how,

photo1.jpg

if your car was a litchfield import it should be wired the same, to check just pull the door seal off on the a pillar and you should see a brown wire running up it, this goes through to the boot

photo3.jpg

thats red tape covering the brown wire in the boot (drivers side) it runs across to passenger side is spliced into the loom

photo2.jpg

picture explains it all really ,just snip the brown wire and reconnect red to red , job done. oh and change bulbs to w5w.
you can use the brown wire to the reverse light once you get the correct bulb in there, anyone got a link to where i can get 1 ?

hope this helps

Sorry to bring an old thread back up, looking to import my first FD2.
Just wondering is it possible to put in some diodes and run the fog light feed into the drivers side inner tail light wiring with the use of a dual Filament bulb to keep all 4 tails and when you switch on the fog the inner tail goes brighter to act as a fog?

Sorry to bring an old thread back up, looking to import my first FD2.
Just wondering is it possible to put in some diodes and run the fog light feed into the drivers side inner tail light wiring with the use of a dual Filament bulb to keep all 4 tails and when you switch on the fog the inner tail goes brighter to act as a fog?
That would be great but that must be a project on you own because even the European hybrid FD's don't have it like that with a dual faded bulb. The use only the outer lights and one of the inner lights is fog and one blank

Back